Saturday, February 6, 2010

In Good Company

Famous People with ADHD
This is a short list of exceptional people who have/had ADHD.  You will notice that due to both a lack of research and understanding there are few women.  Until we have a more complete list, notice that these are all people who think "outside the box".  There are also a lot of very creative people.  Sometimes being a little "different" or not fitting into the norm, can work to your advantage.  We hope this encourages you.


Actors

Bill Cosby
Jim CareyHarry Belafonte
CherKirk DouglasAnn Bancroft
Dustin HoffmanRobin WilliamsSuzanne Somers
George BurnsSteve McQueenTracey Gold
George C. ScottSylvester StalloneWhoopi Goldberg
Henry WinklerWill SmithLindsay Wagner
James StewartTom SmothersDanny Glover


Artists

Pablo Picasso
Vincent Van GoghAnsel Adams


Authors

Emily Dickinson
Virginia WolfF. Scott Fitzgerald


Athletes

Bruce Jenner
Pete RoseMagic Johnson
Jackie StewartBabe RuthMicael Jordan
Nolan RyanJason KiddGreg Louganis


Inventors

Leonardo Da Vinci
Orville & Wilber WrightBenjamin Franklin
Thomas EdisonWilliam WrigleyAlexander Graham Bell


Scholars

Sir Issac Newton
GalileoAlbert Einstein


Statesmen

Anwar Sadat
Abraham LincolnJohn F. Kennedy
Winston ChurchillPrince CharlesDwight Eisenhauer
Robert F. KennedyWoodrow WilsonNelson Rockafeller


Entrepreneurs

Walt Disney
FW WoolworthAndrew Carnegie
Henry FordMalcolm ForbesWilliam Randolph Hearst

4 comments:

  1. Robin Williams, really? He doesn't seem ADHD to me (just kidding). It's always a great thing to see that neurological differences aren't necessarily a disability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this list encourages our bosses, families, friends, co-workers, significant others, and those who claim they are normal...that we are not lazy, stupid, or crazy.
    I hope this will prove that ADHD is a real disorder and perhaps people will be more empathetic and non-judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!

    I'm a creative female who was just diagnosed woth ADHD within the last year. Knowing why I am so different has done nothing but boost my self-esteem and free me from years of guilt.

    Here is a link to my blog:

    http://dirussell.wordpress.com/about-the-gift-of-adhd/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally have ADHD, and for me, I think it makes me notice things that others doesn't helping me be a better writer. my blog: http://smarterpolitics.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow lifeoutoffocus on Twitter